Saturday, December 21, 2013

MY EXPERIENCE WITH "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

Hi There. Great news! I have been invited back on the Netflix series "Orange Is The New Black" as a core Correctional Officer for the second season.

First season I was called to read for the character,  "Yoga Jones". It was a Great opportunity. 

I  filmed episode 2, "Sesson 2" as a correction officer. I cannot disclose the contents of the episode until it airs.

I worked on the 2 hour season opener episode of Law and Order SVU as a special ability Martial Artist. While on set,  I met the Stunt Coordinator,  Jennifer Lamb Hewitt who is also the stunt coordinator for ONB. I immediately seized the opportunity to introduce myself as a stunt woman. She took my information and in a week she called me and hired me for my very first stunt job on ONB.
You can watch for me on ONB "Season 2", episode 10 as a stunt double for a new character named Vee.

I am also a regular stand in for Vee. I find this experience quite valuable.  I get to run the lines in front of the director, assistant director and video village. I get to watch the making of each episode and gain a better understating of the entire process.

In November,  I received a call directly from the Casting Director of ONB to come and audition for a role in which I had to achieve a specific look. In order to improve my chances of getting this role, I decided to make a wig. I made it late the night before. I went in wearing the wig and giving the best audition I knew how and I got the role! I was super excited!  Watch for me in" Season 2", episode 10, as "Vee Doppelganger".

More to come! As Blair Underwood told me,  "It's a number's game! My number will soon come up. This can only happen if I am persistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment