Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Road To My New Brand

As this year comes to a close,  I still hadn't figured out where I was going with my career. This was in spite of the fact that I had been working steadily since July. I was super excited to have been given the opportunity to do my first television stunt work on Orange is The New Black. Thanks to Stunt Coordinator,  Jennifer Lamb - Hewitt for giving me that opportunity.
I knew that I had to get in front of Casting Directors, Agents and Managers by taking class and participating in workshops. My choice place is The Actor's Green Room headed by Jen Rudolph,  a brilliant woman who is responsible for catapulting many budding actor's careers in New York City. I put myself in front of,  Rebecca Dealy of Chrystie Street Casting, Seth White of Cody Beke Casting, Phil Cassese of Stewart Talent New York, Ray Volant of The Bella Agency, Lindsay Glickstein, David Doan and Lakey Wolff of CESD, Joe Thompson and Samantha Stoller of Abrams Artists, Danielle Quinta at KMR Associates, Nicole Winchinsky of DGRW Talent Inc, Michael Kirsren of Harden Curtis and Associates,  Danielle Ippolito of Talentworks, Jeremy Leiner of Nicolosi & Co., Liz Rosier of Hilepo Hartig Agency Ltd., Jed Abrahams of The Talent House, Justin Busch of Clear Talent, Allison Quartin and so many more.
You would think that after meeting so many powerful industry people that I would have been further along in my career. The problem was that no one knew what to do with me. No wonder,  I was confusing then with student hairdos,  headshots and attitudes. I have figured out what my BRAND was yet.  If I didn't know, how was anyone else supposed to know?
That's when Kevin Urban and Doug Shapiro stepped in. I attended a few seminar that they gave and I was convinced, I had to handle my career like a business. I took their weekend long Savvy Actor Weekend MBA Crash Course
(thesavvyactor.com)

My problem was that I hadn't figured out what my brand was.  What was my type? How did the industry people see me when I walked in their door? After getting the same responses from people in the industry and my fellow classmates in the MBA Weekend Crash Course, I finally figured it out! With that information I hit the ground running! I met with my Web designer Brenda J Lloyd of Mireku Studios (Mireku Studios LLC, mirekustudios.com) and Hair Artist Nedjetti Harvey (Nedjetti.com).
We sat and collaborated on my color scheme,  brand,  type, image,  website,  photos,  headshot options,  etc.
I hired Neil Blake of NB Event Productions Photography and Videography www.NBEventproductions.com do my headshots and Anelly Varela  MAC Makeup artist at Macy's Queens Center Mall to do my initial make up Amy Jo Philips to do my touch ups on set. It was a magical combination from start to finish.
I am well on my way to jump start my acting career in the direction that I chose for it to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment